On July 24 the Way to Go team hosted the first ever Punch! (puzzle + lunch) event at Denver Water, and it was a tremendous success. Over 70 employees attended this unique “lunch and learn” designed to make it easy to connect with their Denver Water co-workers with the goal of forming carpools and vanpools for their daily commute. Attendees were divided into teams based on their home addresses and then worked together to assemble puzzles and look for clues for their group’s game cards. Teams with the highest scores had a chance to win prizes. The result? Eleven carpools, consisting of 45 Denver Water employees, were identified. The Way to Go team received great feedback from Denver Water that their employees were “impressed by the unique event and enjoyed working together as a team.” A second round is scheduled at Denver Water in the fall with a new group of employees. If you are interested in bringing a Way to Go lunch and learn event to your company, please contact email@example.com.
DID YOU KNOW?
• If you have a couple of co-workers with similar commutes, you can form a vanpool. Way to Go provides the van, insurance and the gas. Each vanpool member pays a monthly fee based on how far they travel.
• 98% of current Way to Go vanpoolers are satisfied with the vanpool program.
• There are more than115 Way to Go vanpools on the road throughout the Denver metro region.
• Vanpooling is a great solution that cuts down on traffic congestion and parking demand.
• Way to Go’s Guaranteed Ride Home program provides a free cab ride to vanpoolers in the event of a personal or family emergency during the day, or unexpected overtime.
• Way to Go Vanpoolers save about $5,500 annually in personal vehicle expenses.