Choosing to bike or walk to work - or anywhere you need to go - is a healthy and environmentally-friendly way to get around! Plus, it's completely free. Click the blue button below or visit My Way to Go to find the best biking and walking routes for your commute. Make the switch and start saving more, exercising more, and most importantly, smiling more!
Winter Bike Tips
Winter or not, the Way to go team always encourages Denver area commuters to opt for a bike ride instead of driving.
Since biking in Colorado during the winter has its own unique challenges – including snow, ice and cold temperatures – check out these winter riding tips, courtesy CPR and Bicycle Colorado:
- Coast over ice. Try not to brake, pedal, or turn into it.
- Ride in a low gear with lower tire pressure than the bike's recommended maximum.
- Lower your seat so you can more easily put your foot down.
- Keep your lights on, even in daylight.
- Distribute the weight on your bike (like bike bags) evenly.
- Dress in multiple thin layers.