As the weather cools down, it can take some extra bundling up to want to get outside, but colder commutes don't have to be miserable!
Try these tips to help spice up your commute:
• Bring warm water, apple cider, coffee, or tea in a travel mug or water bottle.
• Dress in moisture-wicking layers.
• Balaclavas are your best friend! Covering your face on extra cold days can help make your commute more pleasant.
• Consider a windproof jacket or coat.
• Use hand warmers .
• If you bike to work, have a backup plan. Keep extra cold weather gear at the office, or see if there is a bus or rail route that will take you home in case the weather becomes too cold or snowy.
Whether you’re traveling by bike, foot, e-scooter, bus, rail, or carpool, track at least eight of those eco-friendly commutes to anywhere on MyWaytogo.org. or the Commute Tracker app for a chance to win one of five pairs of Zulu wearable headphones.
Due to the passage of HB22-1026, Colorado businesses can claim a 50% tax credit in 2023-2024. Credits can be claimed on investments made to help employees reduce the impact commuting has had on the environment. Complete a survey and demonstrate a commitment to clean air in Colorado. A Way to Go consultant is available to explain the tax credit.